Wow, November is speeding by; before it does, we want to share the monthly sponsor news with our boomer readers. REAL has partnered with Vince Gill, Boomers in Groups had a successful first conference and AuthentiCity is sharing news of their latest tour to Greece. Now for the details:
REAL Celebrates With Vince Gill
REAL Powered by Humana and The Grand Ole Opry are celebrating Vince Gill’s 20th Opry Anniversary. Vince has sold more than 25 million records and has 20 Grammys on his shelf – more than any other male artist in country music history. Read an exclusive interview with Vince, play REAL’s country music game, listen to song previews, enter to win a trip to The Opry, and get a discounted copy of Vince’s latest album all for FREE at REAL today.
Success at Boomers in Groups
Boomers in Groups, the travel industry’s first gathering of Boomer Travel Clubs held a successful kickoff in Milwaukee recently with over 125 delegates representing boomers from 17 states.The “BiG Gathering” will be an annual event where boomers who plan group trips and outings can network and pick up hints on organizing travel.
“There are a growing number of boomers who plan travel for friends and family and “BiG” gives boomers the tools needed to be successful” says BiG founder Charlie Presley.
Boomers attending represented Bicycle Clubs, Yacht Clubs, RVers, Meetup Groups, Couples Clubs and even a Polka Group.
“BiG welcomes all sorts of groups, we just want to help boomers enjoy travel” says Presley.
Look for “BiG 2012” at www.boomersingroups.com or call 800-628-0993.
AuthentiCity Athens: A Study of the Past with an Eye towards the Future
AuthentiCity Athens participants enjoyed a fantastic tour to Greece and surrounding areas at the end of October. In addition to touring and learning about the famous ancient sites, the group had exclusive access to many sites and happenings that aren’t open to the public. AuthentiCity Athens was led by esteemed leader and scholar, Eleni.
AuthentiCity travel gave participants the chance to TRAVEL DEEPER by:
- Offering a private tour of Greek Parliament on the very morning the EU vote on the financial package was taking place. Eleni adjusted the schedule to allow that to happen so the participants could get an up and close look at the unraveling economic news. Talk about looking at the past and the present!
- Scheduling lunch with an economist. Later tour members enjoyed dessert and conversation with a young professor while discussing the economic issues facing Greece.
- Providing special access for the group in honor of a member who was a retired president of a US college. Eleni arranged a visit to the University of Athens, including having several buildings opened especially for tour members.
- Booking lodging at the Herodion. Besides meeting the terrific sisters who are the owners, the group enjoyed the AuthentiCity hotel’s convenient location. The group walked everywhere: to the Acropolis, the Plaka and the new Acropolis Museum. Finding a favorite neighborhood café was a highlight for many tour participants.
- Experiencing a half day visit to the meat, fish, fruit, vegetable and spice markets. The group watched Bougatsa (phylo and cream) being made and brought a batch back to the hotel to share with the young professor they met with that afternoon.
- Enjoying coffee and desert in a private apartment in Athens after a long lunch at a taverna where members each chose several dishes from among those the chef was preparing that day.
For more information on accessing exclusive sites, meeting locals and gaining insight into a culture, contact AuthentiCity at www.authenticitytravel.com or 1.800.556.7896.
Don’t forget to take advantage of AuthentiCity’s special offer…$250 off per person, local airport pick up and a travel converter if you BOOK NOW!
Do you have a travel product or service that appeals to our baby boomer audience? Your company could be highlighted on this page. Check out My Itchy Travel Feet’s sponsor package details.