If you won $10,000 for a winter travel escape, where would you go? When we decided to promote the AARP Winter Escapes Sweepstakes, that’s the question Alan and I had fun dreaming about.
Our first idea was a no-brainer — cruising the South Pacific in French Polynesia. After all, it’s our favorite tropical getaway. The islands of Moorea, Raiatea, Bora Bora and Tahiti offer an exotic destination with reefs that protect a turquoise playground for snorkeling, scuba diving or simply sitting on a sandy beach gazing at it all. And a cruise provides a value-packed way to experience this tropical paradise.
But, then again, $10,000 would provide plenty of boomer adventures in Hawaii. Just imagine a two or three-week trip exploring Maui, the Big Island and Kauai. And there’d probably be enough in the budget for day trips to Lanai and Moloka’i. With hiking, kayaking and whale watching, finding time to laze on the beach would be a fun challenge.
However we are hopelessly in love with winter fun in Montana, which brings the elegant cabins at Triple Creek Ranch or Paws Up Resort to mind. After a day of horseback riding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing or snowmobiling, what could be better than a gourmet dinner by the fire followed by a soak in your private hot tub?
So which one would you choose? Hmm, I think we’re getting the cart before the horse. First you must win that $10,000 Winter Escapes Sweepstakes Grand Prize by playing the AARP’s fun memory game. Here’s how to play:
- Sign up for the sweepstakes.
- Browse through the photo album. Users are given a few seconds to study each photo.
- Once the photo disappears, answer questions about the photo.
- Each answer to a question earns an additional entry.
- Once done, you’ll be entered for a chance to win the $10,000 Grand Prize. And you’re memory will thank you for the workout.
- No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes ends 12/31/2014.
So what’s the catch? Well, there are a couple of rules. Here’s the fine print:
- You must be 45 years old (or older) to enter
- Residents of Florida are not eligible
Are you dreaming of a winter travel escape? Then click on over to the AARP Winter Escapes Sweepstakes to test your memory and a chance to win the $10,000 Grand Prize. Hurry! 12/31/2014 is the last day to enter the sweepstakes.
Disclosure: AARP has paid us to promote the AARP Winter Escapes Sweepstakes.