Welcome to this edition of News for the Week—a look at boomer travel ideas, news and deals.
I have one boomer travel tip for you this week: visit the Oregon coast in October. Alan and I have been enjoying long beach walks, coastal drives, and mountain explorations during spectacular weather with mild temperatures. That’s it for now. I have to get back to the adventure.
Expedition cruises are hot this year. Alan and Donna love adventure so they hit up both Antarctica and the Arctic a few years ago. If you’re considering an expedition cruise, take a look at Cruise Critic tips for choosing the right one for you.
If you’re not signed up yet for our monthly travel newsletter, get on it! November’s edition will feature our favorite winter escapes.
This Week’s Articles
This week, we’re taking you way off grid in Guatemala. Kirsten Gallagher is taking us on a wild hiking adventure trekking up Pacaya Volcano, just outside of Antigua.
While choosing cruise excursions, Alan and Donna usually pick something that will allow them to stretch their legs. Take a look at their time hiking Kodiak Island while on an Alaskan cruise. If you like this article, make sure to check out the traveling duos list of favorite Alaska Cruise Excursions.
Travel Deals for Boomers
We’re on the hunt for the best travel deals for boomers. Look what we found for this week:
- Get a FREE Leopard Wristlet with orders $75+ at Baggallini.com! Use code WILDSIDE at checkout 10/18-10/21 only.
- Save Up To 20 Percent Off Marriott Destination Resorts across the U.S., Canada, Caribbean and Latin America! *CODE D3Q (Book your stay by November 15, 2018.
- Save $1,000 per stateroom for a limited time on Uniworld River Cruises. Book Your Boutique Cruise Today!
- My Itchy Travel Feet exclusive! Save up to 60% on select Columbia styles with code: COLUMBIAFALL60 thru 10/30.
- Save Up to 15% on last minute deals With Insight Vacations when you book by October 31, 2018. Book Today!
- Not a sale item, but Donna’s found the cutest travel books for grandkids. What do you think of Illuminatlas? You’ll find even more ideas at Travel Gifts for Grandkids.
Are you looking to save money on upcoming travels? Send us an email. We’ll check our resources for you.
More Travel News for Boomers
It might be a little early for this, but if your feet are itchy for a winter time trip, check out this fun list of the World’s Best Christmas Markets.
Which beach is #1 in the world? Here’s the winner of the 2018 Travelers Choice at TripAdvisor.
That’s all for now but we really want to hear from you. If you have a question about travel or suggestions for our next boomer road trip eguide, please send an email through our contact page.