Welcome to this edition of News for the Week—a look at boomer travel ideas, news and deals.
Welcome to November at My Itchy Travel Feet! As I wrote last week, this is the month we remind you of our travel gear guides for boomers—which have been updated with the latest and greatest, of course. But if shopping isn’t your thing, please don’t click away. We’ll share plenty of destination and travel tips, too.
What else is new? I’ve joined the cataract removal club—one eye down and another to go later in November. As boomers, we have to put up with a bit of medical maintenance, right?
So this is a good time for me to remind you about the importance of travel insurance that covers pre-existing conditions as well as membership in a medical evacuation plan. Alan and I don’t leave home with those two important safeguards in place.
Keep up with My Itchy Travel Feet the easy way. Subscribe here.
Are you planning an upcoming trip over the holidays? This month, we’re revealing our best travel gear recommendations. To start out, take a look at a few of our most popular travel gear lists, such as our Favorite Packing Items.
This Week’s Articles
Istanbul is a wonderfully vibrant city. If you’re planning a trip, check out our guest post this week from Shaly Pereira, which features the 10 Best Things to do on Istiklal Street. You’ll love this bustling area of Istanbul!
Updated this week:
Donna’s updated one of her most popular articles: Cold Weather Gear for Women that Packs Light.
Would you rather take a trip? Old Salem in North Carolina makes a fun November visit.
Travel Deals for Boomers
We’re on the hunt for the best travel deals for boomers. Look what we found for this week:
- Columbia Sportswear’s Halloween special isn’t over yet. Get an EXTRA 15% off ALL Sale Gear with code EXTRA15
- Have you booked your air tickets for Christmas? Kayak says it’s time. Heading Home for Christmas? Check out flights at Kayak.com.
- Thinking about a holiday visit to New York City? At InterContinental Hotels Group: Book Early and Save 15% on your next trip to New York and get free breakfast.
- Viking River Cruises has specials for cruises in Normandy, the Swiss Alps and Russia. Check them out.
- Keep those tootsies warm on your winter trip. Shop Darn Tough Women’s Hiker Collection – Buy 2+ Pair & Receive Free Shipping.
Are you looking to save money on upcoming travels? Send us an email. We’ll check our resources for you.
More Travel News for Boomers
Are you looking to a wild, winter time adventure? Travel and Leisure has a great list of Ten Winter Adventures to Put on Your Travel Bucket List.
Did you know that Italy has Christmas markets? Here are ten of the best.
That’s all for now but we really want to hear from you. If you have a question about travel or suggestions for our next boomer road trip eguide, please send an email through our contact page.