Welcome to this edition of News for the Week—a look at boomer travel ideas, news and deals.
Do we have any boomer travel bloggers in our audience? If so, I hope to see you at the TravelCon conference in Boston. I’m speaking at the Boomer Travel workshop on Friday, June 28, along with Sherry Ott who writes OttsWorld, as well as Tom Bartel and Kirstin Henning, the duo from Travel Past 50.
Are you planning a summer road trip? Don’t miss the June newsletter for inspiration, tips and travel specials that will get you out on the road. Subscribe here!
Last week, we spoke a little bit about how to choose an Alaska cruise that is right for you. But, today, let’s talk about taking a road trip through Alaska’s awe-inspiring landscape. If you’re just get started planning your next Alaskan adventure, make sure to check out our Alaska Highway road trip planner for boomer travelers. From there, take a look at a few of these helpful tips:
- The MILEPOST is the ultimate guidebook to Alaska Travel. Really, do not leave home without it!
- For itinerary planning, check out Alaska.org’s Tip Scenic Drives.
- USA Today also has a nice guide on How to Plan a Road Trip through Alaska.
That should get you started!
This Week’s Articles
Break out the champagne because My Itchy Travel Feet is celebrating 11 years online! Donna wrote a lovely article celebrating the best of My Itchy Travel Feet, where you can check out some of our most popular posts, what’s in store for the site, etc. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much for being a part of our travel community! Here’s to another 11 years, at least!
Rome, Italy is one of the world’s most iconic cities. It’s chaotic, loud and crazy, but there is no place like Rome! Check out our featured writer’s contribution for this month, brought to us by the lovely Debi Lander: How to Plan a Baby Boomer Adventure in Rome.
From the Archives:
Are you visiting Montana this summer? Read about one of Donna’s favorite boomer travel adventures: Hiking Mystic Lake Trail.
Travel Deals for Boomers
We’re on the hunt for the best travel deals for boomers. Look what we found for this week:
- Save at least 20%* on your stay when you book from thousands of IHG® Hotels & Resorts worldwide. And as an IHG® Rewards Club member, you get early access and save even more – Valid Thru: 7/30. Book your hotel here.
- Shop for your summer cruise wardrobe at the Chico’s Memorial Day Sale: 40% Off 1 All-Ready Reduced Style. May 17 – 27, 2019.
- Save up to 15% when booking TripAdvisor travel experiences. Check out the huge selection of adventures!
Looking for outdoor gear? My Itchy Travel Feet Exclusive! Up to 60% off select Columbia styles with code: COLMAY19. Valid 5/8 – 5/21.
- Are you a last-minute traveler? Silversea has a cruise offer for you.
Are you looking to save money on upcoming travels? Send us an email. We’ll check our resources for you.
More Travel News for Boomers
Planning your summer escape this year, but need a little inspiration? Travel and Leisure has a great list of the 50 Best Places to Travel in 2019.
What’s the top dream destination for American travelers? You’re going to be surprised. Read it here.
That’s all for now but we really want to hear from you. If you have a question about travel or suggestions for our next boomer road trip eguide, please send an email through our contact page.