Welcome to this edition of News for the Week—a look at boomer travel ideas, news and deals.
As you can tell from the photo below, Alan and I finally explored more of our Montana backyard. This view of the Bitterroot Mountains appeared during a stop on our ATV ride to Gird Point Lookout in the Sapphire Mountains. What a gorgeous 26-mile-round-trip adventure. We’re looking for another one just like this tomorrow. Stay tuned.
One of the best things about road trip travel is the bonus of staying in multiple hotels or B&Bs. I love the excitement of walking into a new guest room for the first time. If you’re about to hit the road sometime soon, make sure to check out a few of our favorite Romantic Bed and Breakfast lodgings to see if they’re on your route!
This Week’s Articles
Road Scholar has declared France their 2019 campus of the year, and to celebrate, they asked Donna to step in with some tips on how to Discover France with Road Scholar.
Do you love finding active travel adventures in gorgeous scenery? Well, you’re in luck because this week, our guest contributor, Erika Nelson, is taking us all the way to Newfoundland’s most beautiful national park. Take a look at her Travel Tips for Visiting Gros Morne National Park.
Traveling during the summer months can be great, but the summer crowds are anything but. This week, Donna is working in collaboration with Cummins to reveal her best strategies for finding Uncrowded Summer Destinations in the American West.
Travel Deals for Boomers
We’re on the hunt for the best travel deals for boomers. Look what we found for this week:
- Shop Chico’s summer sales for your next winter’s tropical getaway. That’s what Donna does!
- My Itchy Travel Feet exclusive! Up to 65% off select Columbia styles with code: 19JUNE65. Valid 6/19 – 7/2.
- Looking for a formal dress for your next cruise? Donna loves the selection at Nordstrom’s. And they have free shipping, too.
- From REI! Shop sale and clearance items.
- Flash sale from Baggallini: The Lucerne Crossbody bag is on sale for $24.99 (regular price $78). Donna has the charcoal colored Lucerne bag and loves it. You have until July 4, 2019 to take advantage of this great bargain. Buy now.
Save on travel:
- Save up to 20% at the IHG Global Sale: Kimpton, Crowne Plaza, InterContinental, Holiday Inn and more. Click through to learn more.
- Save on your next Viator experience: Low Price Guarantee on Tours and Activities Worldwide with 24 hour cancellation policy available
- Find top-rated hotels at the lowest prices on TripAdvisor. Check rates now!
Are you looking to save money on upcoming travels? Send us an email. We’ll check our resources for you.
More Travel News for Boomers
Canada is filled with charming towns and breathtaking scenery. If you want to see the best of what Canada has to offer, check out these incredible Canadian road trip itineraries.
Donna’s sharing her best road trip tips and itineraries at the CumminsRV page. Don’t miss: Are you ready to hit the road?
What are the top 10 experiences in Europe according to TripAdvisor readers? Find out here.
That’s all for now but we really want to hear from you. If you have a question about travel or suggestions for our next boomer road trip eguide, please send an email through our contact page.