Welcome to this edition of News for the Week—a look at boomer travel ideas, news and deals.
Vacation’s over so it’s back to work for me (and Alan). Due to the 4th of July holiday, the July newsletter was a tad late. But it’s filled with luxury travel info. Did you see it? You can read it here.
Are you on Facebook? Do you belong to any travel groups? When you find the right ones, the information shared by the community is amazing, like this Glacier National Park group. If My Itchy Travel Feet started a FB group for boomer travelers, would you join it? I’m interested in your thoughts. Email me here.
Do you know about our weekly email? Subscribe here and check weekly updates for our latest articles plus timely travel deals and news.
This month, we’re talking luxury travel and, of course, we couldn’t go without highlighting one of our favorite modes of luxury travel: Cruises! With hundreds of hours clocked at sea, you know Alan and Donna have some wise words of advice on how to choose a cruise that’s right for you. Check out a few of their Luxury Cruise Reviews as well as their most memorable Cruise Excursions.
This Week’s Articles
This week, MITF featured writer, Debi Lander, is back with incredible tales of her recent road trip through the Lowcountry. This region is gorgeous, filled with just about everything anyone could want, amazing landscapes, classic architecture, history, culinary works of art, and more. Don’t miss Debi’s Tips for Road Tripping through the Lowcountry!
Travel Deals for Boomers
We’re on the hunt for the best travel deals for boomers. Look at the specials for this week!
- Don’t miss the huge Amazon Prime Sale on July 15 and 16. Donna will be sharing the best buys on her Amazon Influencer page.
- Get two free audio books from Audible. Perfect entertainment for your next road trip.
- Need shoes? Zappos has a sale. Free Shipping and Returns!
- Last chance to save on Uniworld 2019 cruises. Save up to $1,500 per person for a limited time on select Central Europe, France, and Asia Cruises. Book by 31 Aug 2019 with Uniworld US – Book an adventure today!
- Now’s the time to update your tropical travel wardrobe at Chico’s! Semi-Annual Sale: Up to 70% Off Select Styles.
- Save at least 20% on your stay at the IHG Global Sale. Hurry! Offer ends 7.31.2019.
- Gear up for the outdoors when you shop the sale and clearance items at REI.com.
- Looking for vacation rentals in Northwestern Colorado? Here you go.
- Go to the beach! The Sea Pines Resort group in Hilton Head is offering a 20% off discount on various properties now through September 7th. Must use code “ESCAPE” when booking.
- Seabourn is also running a summer special. Their Summer Opportunity Sales Event includes reduced pricing on some itineraries, as well as upgrades, shipboard credit, and even flight credits.
Are you looking to save money on upcoming travels? Send us an email. We’ll check our resources for you.
More Travel News for Boomers
Travel + Leisure shares 20 luxury vacations that are affordable.
Debi Lander’s article for Florida News Line, makes the perfect primer for a late summer or early fall trip to Virginia. Discover the charms of glamping in Paint Bank.
This week, our guest article featured a boomer road trip through the Lowcountry, if that has your travel feet itching for more adventure on the southeastern coast of the U.S., don’t miss Roadtripping through Georgia’s Golden Isles.
That’s all for now but we really want to hear from you. If you have a question about travel or suggestions for our next boomer road trip eguide, please send an email through our contact page.