The smoke has finally cleared away from the Oregon Coast, at least for a day or two. How’s it going where you live? I’m so ready to get out and explore. Are you?
Looking for an East Coast drive? Let’s go road tripping through the Delaware Valley.
Nicole wraps up her Spanish vacation this week. I wonder if she had the chance to explore San Sebastian?
If you’re not signed up yet for our monthly travel newsletter, get on it! September’s edition features fall travel in Europe, both land-based and cruises.
This Week’s Articles
Want to escape the crowds at Yellowstone National Park? Guest writer, Teresa Otto, offers tips on how to explore Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area. Off-the-beaten-path? Outstanding scenery? Lots of wildlife? No crowds? Sign me up!
As you can see from the photo at the top of the page, I totally rewrote the My Itchy Travel Feet USA road trip planner. Take a look! So much for my summer vacation from blogging. This monster took all week to write.
If you’re looking for an off-the-beaten-path Maui adventure, I show you how to explore La Perouse Bay.
Boomer Travel Deals
We’re on the hunt for the best travel deals for boomers. Here are our finds for this week:
- Looking for cute travel tops? You’ll find them at Chico’s Labor Day Sale.
- Get a head start on cold weather gear: Columbia Labor Day Sale – 25% off Select Gear.
- Thinking about a 2019 river cruise? Uniworld is offering 10% off in early booking savings.
- Planning a trip to New York City in September? Save 15% off Marriott Hotels. Click through for discount code.
- You’ll find excellent savings on the last minute sales page at Insight Vacations. Some good deals here if your travel schedule is flexible.
Are you looking to save money on upcoming travels? Send us an email. We’ll check our resources for you.
More Travel News for Boomers
Traveling during hurricane season? Frommer’s shares tips you should know.
Driving the Dempster Highway is absolutely on our to do list. After viewing the photos, you’ll want to go, too!
What’s the #1 destination in the world according to TripAdvisor readers? Find out here.
More pretty pictures (guess I’m in a photography mood this week) of the 22 most beautiful cruise destinations.
That’s all for now but we really want to hear from you. If you have a question about travel or suggestions for our next boomer road trip eguide, please send an email through our contact page.