Welcome to this edition of News for the Week—a look at boomer travel ideas, news and deals.
All that big talk I did last week about exploring more of the Oregon coast was just that—big talk. Things are crazy busy at My Itchy Travel Feet (can’t wait to tell you more), so a few beautiful beach walks was the best that Alan and I could do.
If you’re planning a fall trip to the national parks in Moab, Utah, read my suggestions for a Canyonlands National Park self-guided photography tour, first. Great tips for anyone visiting this beautiful park.
Have you visited the Steens Mountain area of southeastern Oregon? We’ll be headed there soon and I’d love all the tips I can get for visiting this off-the-beaten-path spot that those-in-the-know rave about. Share your tips here.
Keep up with My Itchy Travel Feet the easy way. Subscribe here.
Personally, I like my hiking a bit on the relaxing side. As long as I’m surrounded by greenery and preferably, a creek or river, I’m happy.
Over the last few years, I’ve been going to a place called Cercedilla, in the Sierra de Guadarrama. It’s a vast area with clearly marked trails for any level of hiker. Even better, it has a little “chiringuito” that serves up a nice glass of Rioja when you’re finished with your hike! If you’re ever around Madrid and looking to stretch your legs, check it out!
This Week’s Articles
Have you ever been glamping? Well, it’s definitely all the rage these days, especially for those who want to get close to nature, but are not looking to really rough it. This week’s article by My Itchy Travel Feet featured writer, Debi Lander, takes us to two very different glamping locations in the US. Check it out: Glamping Tips for Baby Boomers.
Updated this week:
For those of you traveling on Caribbean cruises that stop in Key West, Florida, Donna has updated her popular tips on how to spend one day in Key West. These are perfect for a do-it-yourself cruise excursion in Key West.
Travel Deals for Boomers
We’re on the hunt for the best travel deals for boomers. Look what we found for this week:
- My Itchy Travel Feet exclusive at Columbia Sportswear: 65% off Original Price with code: SEP65OFF thru 9/17
- Sand-proof and waterproof, Gonex beach blankets come in a handy carrying pouch. Stock up for next summer. Save 50% at Amazon.
- Insight Vacations: Book early and save 10% on 2020 USA & Canada trips. Book your adventure NOW!.
- Are you shopping for a holiday cruise with formal nights? Nordstrom has fall heels in every height, from low to ultra-high. Free Shipping, Pick up In Store and More! What do you think of this moderate-heel, glittery style?
- Traveling to Florence, Italy? Viator offers 2,131 things to do. Check out the selection.
- Viking Cruises is having an anniversary sale. Take a look.
Are you looking to save money on upcoming travels? Send us an email. We’ll check our resources for you.
More Travel News for Boomers
Looking for the best times to fly? Visit Kayak’s travel hacker guide: Kayak.com – The Best Times to Fly
Headed to Europe this fall? Well, make sure you check out some of these incredible hiking routes in Europe. From newbies just setting out to experienced hikers, there’s something for everyone on this list!
In the mood for a colorful fall drive? Jetsetter shares 11 fall drives that you should take.
That’s all for now but we really want to hear from you. If you have a question about travel or suggestions for our next boomer road trip eguide, please send an email through our contact page.