Baby boomer travelers, today I’m sharing another one of my favorite bed and breakfast recipes, collected during our trips. Alan and I enjoyed Hilltop Manor’s Triple Berry Cream at Hilltop Manor Bed & Breakfast in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Although, owner Faith Kraemer, served this decadent dish for breakfast, it could just as easily be desert at your next baby boomer dinner party.
Seated on Hilltop Manor’s shaded front porch, Alan and I drooled over this beautiful dish before dipping our spoons in for the first delicious taste. And, it was just the teaser to a multi-course breakfast that left us wondering how much exercise we would need to work off the calories we had consumed. Thanks to Faith for sharing her recipe.
Triple Berries Over a French Vanilla Cream
courtesy Hilltop Manor Bed & Breakfast
1 ½ tsp – Gelatin (unflavored)
1 Cup – Cream (Heavy)
1 Cup – Sour Cream
½ Cup – Sugar
1tsp – Vanilla Extract
2 Cups – Berries (Fresh or Frozen) I use blueberries, blackberries, & raspberries
¼ Cup – Muscat Wine (or any sweet wine available)
¼ Cup – Sugar
1Tbsp – Fresh Mint (I use Chocolate Mint) Minced Plus a Sprig For Show
• Combine gelatin, cream and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
• In separate bowl, whisk together sour cream and vanilla.
• Gradually add hot cream mixture and use a wire whisk until smooth.
• Pour into 6 Martini or Champagne Glasses and refrigerate 4 or more hours until firm.
• Place all the berries in a bowl, with sugar, mint and wine, gently toss.
• Set aside and refrigerate until needed.
• Add berries to the top of the cream, place a sprig of mint, and you have a pretty picture.
Faith Kramer says, “This is a rich delicacy that looks outstanding on your table. Your guests will be impressed.”
Now, excuse me, I have a triple berry cream to make.
Hungry for more? Try these breakfast recipes that we’ve collected during our boomer travels:
- The Sander’s 25th Anniversary Omelette, The Sanders Bed and Breakfast, Helena, Montana
- Carrot Coconut Zucchini Macadamia Nut Bread from Waianuhea Bed and Breakfast
- Sweetwater Branch Inn’s French toast casserole