Saturday’s scene: A Whale’s Tail

2010/10/01by Donna Hull

innersea-discoveries-whale-watching

This photograph of a whale diving back into the waters of Frederick Sound, Alaska, is an example of whale watching opportunities available on an InnerSea Discoveries cruise.

David-Bennett October 1, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I can feel the great, sensuous beast turn in the water – great photo.

David-Bennett October 1, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Such a great photograph with the highlights on the tail and the water dripping – I can feel the great body slipping into the water – it all seems so vast and ‘un-damage-able’ – if only that were true.

Anonymous
October 2, 2010 at 1:56 pm

When we went Whale watching on Vancouver island I’m afraid we were all horribly sick and I couldn’t wait to get back to shore!

October 9, 2010 at 1:36 am

Did you have rough weather, Heather? The beautiful part about this
trip is that it was within the Alaska Passage, not out on the Pacific
side. The water was like glass for our entire trip.

Mark H October 4, 2010 at 12:05 am

Such grace and beauty in an animal so large…

Anonymous October 4, 2010 at 7:35 am

Perfect – love the water dripping from the tail.

Vera Marie Badertscher October 5, 2010 at 4:33 am

I love the color in this photo. It really could be an abstract painting. So beautiful!

Robert Fowler
February 19, 2014 at 6:36 pm

The shot of the sun shining off the whale tail during a flip is really something. Those are so hard to capture, at least for me. Maybe I need a faster camera.
Robert Fowler recently posted..Retirement ActivitiesMy Profile