Saturday’s scene: Autumn in Siberia

2012/10/13by Donna Hull

boomer-travel-siberia-autumn

Autumn in Siberia

How many baby boomers can say that they saw autumn in Siberia? Alan and I are raising our hands here. While cruising from Vancouver to Singapore on Regent Seven Seas Mariner, we experienced the fall colors of the Kamchatka Peninsula on a cruise excursion to the smoking volcanoes. As you can see from the photo, the color was mostly limited to wildflowers and ground-covers  although, if you look real hard, there’s a tinge of gold on the upper left-hand side of the photo. I have to say that this is most exotic leaf-watching experience of my boomer travel life.

Do you have a favorite part of the world for viewing the changing leaves? Post a comment to tell us where we should be in 2013 to see the fall colors. Alan and I are partial to the golden view at Oxbow Bend in Grand Teton National Park.

Nancy D. Brown
October 13, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Quebec, Canada for fall colors, first week in October, 2013. Amazing!

November 8, 2012 at 6:24 am

Alan and I haven’t been to Quebec during leaf peeping season. We need to put that on our boomer travel list.

Johanna
October 15, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I’ve never been to Siberia, but your photo makes it look awesome. For Fall colours, I’d have to go back to a small village in Devon, England.
Johanna recently posted..9 Inspirational Quotes about Blogging from the Problogger Event in MelbourneMy Profile

November 8, 2012 at 6:25 am

Siberia is awesome although we’d like to see the fall colors in Devon, England too. Thanks for commenting.

Mike October 16, 2012 at 2:16 am

Siberia has that vibrant and rich culture and festival. There are lots of good events lined up there next year. We are so excited to be in Siberia this coming March for the Masquerade festival. In line with this, we will surely explore some good tourist spots in Siberia.

November 8, 2012 at 6:26 am

Enjoy your time in Siberia. We’d love to hear more about the March for the Masquerade festival.

Carla
October 16, 2012 at 9:01 am

Beautiful place; kinda reminds me of parts of Canada.
Carla recently posted..Hawaiian Islands – Popular Travel DestinationsMy Profile

Linda Steinmuller October 16, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Beautiful picture!

New England has the most beautiful fall colors. I would recommend a nice trip to Northern Vermont in early October – a little later in October for Southern Vermont.