My Itchy Travel Feet is celebrating our five year anniversary on the Internet today. Alan and I can hardly believe it! Where has the time gone? We’ve come a long way since that very first article. But rather than look back and wax nostalgic on travel stories that we’ve published, Alan and I would much rather celebrate you, our reader. That’s why we’ve filled the May editorial schedule with opportunities for you to win free travel items plus some very special offers in the May newsletter.
Five Year Anniversary Events
- Friday, May 3, 2013: We’ll be hosting our first Pinterest contest thanks to Kuru shoes. I’ve traveled in my Kuru shoes on many active trips since publishing my review in November 2009. So hurry to join Pinterest if you’re not already a member and check our site on Friday for details on how you can win a pair of Kuru shoes in our Pin to Win Kuru Shoes giveaway.
- Wednesday, May 9, 2013: I’ll be reviewing Lonely Planet’s The Pacific Northwest’s Best Trips book and Lonely Planet is offering one of our readers the chance to win their choice from the Lonely Planet’s Best Trips series of books. Warning roadtrippers, this book will make your travel feet itchy. Mark the date on your calendar so that you don’t miss the chance to enter the giveaway.
- Wednesday, May 15, 2013: This one is for the ladies. Scottevest is sponsoring a giveaway of their popular travel vest for women with 17 pockets that holds everything from your passport to an iPad. I’ll be showing you a video of how I style my vest so be sure to check back to read the review and to enter the giveaway.
- Thursday, May 16, 2013: I’ve been trying out the QuikPod Explorer II monopod and smartphone adapter. QuikPod has offered the same equipment as a giveaway to one of our readers. So come back on Thursday, May 16, 2013, to read the review and enter the giveaway.
- Thursday, May 23, 2013: Are you planning a trip to California’s Central Coast? This review and giveaway is for you. I’ll be reviewing The California Directory of Fine Wineries: Central Coast as well as giving away a copy. Do you remember when I reviewed the Napa, Sonoma and Mendocino edition? Come back Thursday, May 23, 2013, to learn more about the book and enter the giveaway.
Newsletter subscribers, look what we have planned for you:
Our free e-book filled with active travel ideas (link to download in our May newsletter)
- Win a copy of Kauai Trailblazer by Jerry and Janine Sprout. The book for active travelers to Kauai.
- Win a $100 Town Place Suites gift card from Marriott’s Travel Turning Point photo contest.
- Free $50 gift card from BedandBreafast.com with a purchase of $250 or more.
And don’t miss the subscriber-only special from Road Scholar in the June newsletter.
Do you have travel ideas that you would like for us to cover or suggestions for how to make our site better? Please leave a note in the comments section. And thanks again for all of your support. We wouldn’t be celebrating a five year anniversary without you.
A boomer travel and lifestyle authority who is exploring the world one activity at a time. Besides writing and publishing My Itchy Travel Feet, she also writes about boomer travel for My Well-Being Powered by Humana, Make It Missoula and is the author of My Itchy Travel Feet: Breathtaking Adventure Vacation Ideas.