Whether you’re looking to explore the fascinating Roman history in the country’s capital or looking to explore some of the traditional, small villages, Italy has something for everyone. This country has it all, from what may be considered the ultimate trifecta of art, history and culinary exquisiteness to long stretches of beautiful coastline and let’s face it, a certain indisputable knack for fashion.
If you’re planning a trip to Italy soon, remember that the Old Country actually has many modern features. And even though you might get the side eye for ordering a cappuccino in the afternoon, you should consider traveling through Italy with a touch of modern technology. Take a look at our five recommended Apps for Italian travel:
1. Italy Guides app is a new brand of app that gives users a “cinema” type of feel. Accompanied by movie-style music, narration by Gregory Snegoff, and vibrant images and video, the app brings Italy to life by recommending restaurants, city sites, historical events, etc. Available on iPhone for free.
2. ProntoTreno app is essential if you’re looking to explore Italy by train. You’ll be able to check train times, buy tickets and check the train status in real time with Trenitalia’s official app. Available on iPhone and Android for free.
3. Cibando app is the ultimate Italian foodie app. Along with mouth-watering photos of dishes from local restaurants, the app also works as an ingredient translator. There’s also a convenient map that lets you explore the restaurants by neighborhood. Available on iPhone and Android for free.
4. Menu Translate app is another great app for foodies. Menu Translate offers instant translation of more than 5, 000 Italian ingredients and local dishes. It’s the full-cycle food app as it lets you know exactly what ingredients are used in an Italian dish, how it’s prepared and how to pronounce it. It’s a great resource for on-the-go travelers because it does not require internet connection. Available on iPhone and Android for free.
5. Agriturismo app is the ultimate app for anyone looking for a traditional, rustic Italian adventure. Users can find an indepth lists of thousands of rustic farm stays throughout Italy based on location, price and type. Available on iPhone and Android for free.
Need an app for getting there? You’ll find it in our Travel Apps For Your Next Trip ebook!
Do you have a favorite app for Italian travel to add to our list? We hope you’ll share them with us in the comments!