Visit Alaska Travel Apps to access our most recent list of recommended travel apps for Alaska.
As far as bucket list trips, I personally think that Alaska should be on the top of everyone’s dream destination list. The Last Frontier has it all, incredibly diverse landscape, amazing wildlife, profound culture, and countless opportunities for active travel.
However, even if you are accustomed to traveling light and by the seat of your pants, Alaska travel takes a bit of planning, even for the savviest traveler. Sure, heading to some of the major cities could be relatively easy. But, who wants easy when exploring the Last Frontier?
Alaska travel is all about adventure and to make the most out of any type of travel to this gorgeous state, a few Alaskan Travel Resources can really make the difference. Before you take off on your own Alaskan adventure, take a look at some of our favorite apps for Alaska Travel below.
1) The Alaska App – Alaska.org app is more than just a travel app; it’s a community-generated resource with helpful tips on weather, wildlife, itinerary recommendations, etc. Of course, it also has all of the usual travel info such as lodging, cruises, tours, restaurants, and nightlife. Available on iTunes for free.
2) Everytrail Hiking in Alaska app is an essential resource for anyone looking to hike around the Last Frontier state. Everytrail has everything needed to plan and execute a great daytrip excursion or even long-term hiking adventures. Available on iTunes and Android for $4.99.
3) Scenic Map Alaska – GrangerFX app offers a 3D topography map of Alaska, something perfect for active travelers looking for hiking and off-the-beaten path exploration. The app can be used without an internet connection as well, making it all the more useful while out in non-internet zones. Available on iTunes for $4.99.
4) Daylight app is a simple, but resourceful app for Alaska travel. It’ll show you the exact sunrise, twilight and sunset times based on your location. In a location like Alaska, knowing this information is especially helpful when traveling and is also a great resource for photographers. Available on iTunes for free.
5) Alaska Campgrounds app is a useful resource for those planning on camping around Alaska. Available on Android for $1.15.
Need an app for getting there? You’ll find it in our Travel Apps For Your Next Trip ebook!
Disclosure: Affiliate links are included for your convenience. However My Itchy Travel Feet receives a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.