The best of My Itchy Travel Feet in a book

2012/07/24by Donna Hull

breathtaking-adventure-vacation-ideas

After four years of writing travel articles for active boomers, which includes reviewing travel books from other authors, I’m proud to announce the publication of My Itchy Travel Feet: Breathtaking Adventure Vacation Ideas. If you’re looking for the best of our travel content, here it is.

But, this isn’t a random selection of blog posts. I’ve teamed up with Hyperink to craft a book filled with Alan’s photos and my articles of some of our favorite boomer journeys. Are you planning a trip to Italy? You’ll want to read the section on traveling in Northern Italy. Perhaps you prefer a road trip along Coastal California. I have a section for that as well as what to do and where to stay on a road trip down the West coast of New Zealand‘s South Island. Maybe you’re a fan of Hawaii. Do I have a section of adventures for you. And, then there are those special trips in Asia.

You know how much Alan and I enjoy exploring the outdoors. The hefty section on Nature Adventures will provide plenty of ideas for traveling in National Parks as well as a Canadian adventure or two.

And, how can I publish a 220-page book without including information on small ship luxury cruises? In My Itchy Travel Feet: Breathtaking Adventure Vacation Ideas, you’ll discover what it’s like to travel on a small ship luxury cruise including some of my favorite active excursions including an entire section on Alaska.

And no travel book is complete without a bit of travel advice. I’ve got you covered with the Traveler’s Toolkit filled with road trip tips, cruise excursion advice, photography suggestions and more. And, you’ll appreciate my list of Travel Resources that I’ve share with readers.

My Itchy Travel Feet: Breathtaking Adventure Vacation Ideas is available for purchase as an ebook at Hyperink with formats for Kindle, Nook, iPad or PDF. If you’re a boomer travel fan, this could the the best $3.95 you’ve ever spent. One little tip, with 220 pages containing many full-sized photos, your download might take longer than usual.Once you’ve read the book, please consider reviewing it at Amazon Kindle store, Nook (B&N) and iBookstore (iPad).

The Roaming Boomers
July 25, 2012 at 8:52 am

Congratulations Donna! We’ll certainly buy our own copy, and we wish you GREAT success with the book.
The Roaming Boomers recently posted..Our Top 10 Most Watched Travel VideosMy Profile

Nancie July 25, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Congratulations! On my way to pick up a copy now.

Diana Edelman
July 26, 2012 at 3:20 am

Congratulations!!! I wish you all of the success in the world with your first book!!
Diana Edelman recently posted..The daughter of Las Vegas: an interview with Millicent SiegelMy Profile

Terry at Overnight New York July 26, 2012 at 9:04 am

Congratulations! Your book sounds useful and smart!
Terry at Overnight New York recently posted..City Club: Summer Restaurant Week 2012!My Profile

Christy
July 26, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Congratulations, this sounds like an awesome ebook! I can’t wait to read the section on Coastal California; that’s one of my favorite drives. :)
Christy recently posted..Photo Essay: Ring of KerryMy Profile

Christy July 27, 2012 at 11:28 am

Congrats on the new book! How exciting it must be to be finished!
Christy recently posted..What Life Has Taught Me in 33 YearsMy Profile

Katie Foster
July 27, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Just began following your blog and really enjoy it. As we are planning a European road trip for next Spring, your Northern Italy section is going to be worth its weight in gold. I am an American expat (baby boomer) freelance travel writer living in Dubai and write about our experiences and travels in the Middle East.

Heatheronhertravels
July 29, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Sounds like you’ve covered a lot of fun trips in this book to tempt us all
Heatheronhertravels recently posted..Holiday money for your teenagers – Caxton fx currency card reviewMy Profile

Living Large July 31, 2012 at 11:40 am

Congratulations on your new book, it sounds awesome!
Living Large recently posted..Authors Need to Eat, TooMy Profile

sheryl July 31, 2012 at 11:57 am

Congratulations on this new book, Donna. Wishing you much success. Can’t wait to read it and live vicariously through you!
sheryl recently posted..Should You Exercise Outdoors in the Summer?My Profile

Irene
July 31, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Congratulations, Donna!
Can’t wait to read the book—your wicked sense of adventure and engaging writing beckons me!
Love, Irene

Heather
August 1, 2012 at 8:25 am

I will be reading this book as soon as my summer travels end. Then I can use it to plan future trips.
Heather recently posted..In Cashmere: Mission Square is a Must-StopMy Profile

merr August 1, 2012 at 11:13 am

That is such exciting news! Your site is packed with info, so a handy tome of the highlights for the traveler sounds like a great complement – and gift!
merr recently posted..The 5-Question [Author] Interview: Kathy Leonard CzepielMy Profile

Nomadic Samuel August 3, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Congrats on your first ebook!
Nomadic Samuel recently posted..2 Accidents and Why I Continue to Have Faith in HumankindMy Profile

August 3, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Thanks! Nomadic Samuel, I appreciate you stopping by.