Exploring off-the-beaten-path destinations is high on my list when it comes to boomer travel. Today, I’ll be enjoying the business class flight on Air Berlin (out of business as of 12.2018) to Gdansk for the beginning of Berlin and Beyond, a press trip to Poland and Northern Germany. From the looks of the extensive itinerary, I’ll be experiencing castles, palaces and the cultural life of Northern European cities that you probably haven’t considered visiting. Of course, I’ll be gathering information about active boomer adventures so that you can decide if Poland and Northern Germany should be added to your boomer travel list.
Want to keep up with me? Check out the Berlin and Beyond schedule:
- October 2, 3: Gdansk, Poland, where I’ll make my headquarters at the Radisson Blu Gdansk.
- October 3: After sightseeing in Stettin and Szczecin, Poland, our group will spend the night at Hotel Podewils Castle in Krag.
- October 4: We’ll be exploring more of Szczecin including the Pomeranian Dukes Castle before calling it a night at Hotel Focus Szczecin.
- October 5: Our journey takes us to Schwerin, Germany with a stay at the Niederländischer Hof.
- October 6: After touring more of Schwerin, we finally make it to Berlin just in time for a gala dinner at Great Orangery at Charlottenburg Castle and a classical concert in Berlin’s beautiful Prussian Court. Radisson Blu Berlin will be headquarters for the next two days.
- October 7: A visit to Asisi’s “The Wall” installation commemorating The Berlin Wall is today’s highlight. And, a Gastor Rallye, an exclusive tour including three courses at three of Berlin’s most trendy and exquisite restaurants caps off the end of an exciting week.
- October 8: Air Berlin will be flying this exhausted boomer traveler home.
Disclosure: Airberlin, VisitBerlin and The Oder Partnership City of Gdansk have provided this travel experience. As always, the opinions are my own.