What does a well-dressed boomer wear to carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil? How about one of the costumes from the Carnival Museum? When our Regent Seven Seas Navigator cruise ended in Rio, after sailing across the Atlantic from Cape Town, we had the entire day to tour with a private guide before our plane left for the U.S. Madson Arajúo proudly showed us the sites of his hometown, including the Sambadrome. When our van parked along the concrete runway bordered by towering concrete stands, I thought we were at a racetrack. But Madson assured us that during carnival the runway turned into a pulsating, colorful mob of samba dancers and party goers. Carnival is February 8-12, 2013. Now, would you really wear that costume?
You may also like to read:
- Exploring Smoking Volcanoes by Army Truck in Far East Russia
- Visit the Temple of Heaven: Where Chinese Boomers Hang Out
- Explore Vietnam on a Mekong Delta Shore Excursion
- On your own in Sitka: A Self-guided Sitka Walking Tour for Boomer Travelers
- Exploring Lisbon in a Day on a Luxury Cruise Ship Excursion