Updated 03.06.2019: Confession time. I’m not a light packer. Although my packing skills have improved over the years, and I no longer pack everything I own, becoming an efficient packer is still on my to do list. At least that WAS the case before I traveled for 18 days using an Eagle Creek 22″ rolling duffle bag carry-on. Say what? I traveled for 18 days with a carry-on and one personal item? OH, YES I DID.
Recently, Eagle Creek invited me to be a travel ambassador for the brand. Since I was about to travel for 18 days on a trip to Los Angeles and China, where Ker & Downey travel documents urged us to pack light, I challenged myself to travel in a carry-on and one personal item.
I’ve received many questions from My Itchy Travel Feet readers, as well as Facebook fans, about my packing light experience with the Eagle Creek 22″ rolling duffle carry-on. The best way to tell all of you about it is to show you. So, upon my return from the trip, I made a video as I unpacked my bag so that you could see exactly what I packed:
What I liked about the Eagle Creek rolling duffle bag carry-on:
- The lightweight size—5 lbs 13 oz (2.6 kg)—is a big help in meeting airline luggage weight requirements.
- The compact dimensions—17 x 22 x 9—meet airline carry-on size restrictions. I know because I tested it out at the United counter.
- Interior space can be increased 15% by using the expandable zippers—I had enough space without using this feature.
- Wheeled handling system operates smoothly—no twisting over while rolling like my old rolling duffle bag did. It’s a wonder that I didn’t break my wrist using the old bag.
- Packing folders and cubes kept my clothes from wrinkling. They provided more space in the bag; but, most importantly, I appreciated the ease of use. When pulling out a pair of pants located in the bottom of the bag, all I had to do was remove the folder (I called this an envelope in the video) and cubes. No more re-rolling every piece of clothing to reach what I need at the bottom of my bag. BIG WIN!
The Eagle Creek Load Warrior 22″ rolling duffle bag currently retails for $230.00 and comes in black, yellow or blue. While that price may seem hefty to you, I’m a big believer in “you get what you pay for.” The quality and durability of this bag is well worth the price. Eagle Creek also produces rolling duffle bags in 25″, 26″ and 36″ sizes.
Did you know that we publish a weekly broadcast with the latest articles from My Itchy Travel Feet, timely trip inspiration and travel deals? Subscribe by clicking here and checking the “Weekly Updates” box. We offer a monthly newsletter, too. Why not sign up for both?
Disclosure: Eagle Creek provided the 22″ rolling duffle carry-on and packing products for my use. The opinions are my own. And pardon the positivity but there was nothing negative to say about my experience using this bag. It really is that good.