It’s simply amazing how far photography has come over this digital age we’re living in, isn’t it? Not only can we all be decent photographers by using the thousands of camera choices out there; but now, we can impress the most discerning eye with just a click of our iPhones. (I’m looking at you, Instagram!) Simple, easy and lightweight camera photography has really taken the world by storm.
So, whether you’re looking to shoot that 1,000th photo of your grandchild with ice cream dripping down their pudgy chin or traveling the world and sharing the experience with every single person you know, apps for phone photography can help you take some unforgettable shots. And if you’re having difficulty deciding which apps to use to make your photos share-worthy, check out these top five camera apps.
1. Facetune is one for the narcissist in all of us. Factune is a great feature for anyone who didn’t have a chance to primp before the click. This app lets you makeover your problem spots such as laugh lines, blemishes, dark bags, etc. And this isn’t just any old photoshop copy – the results are truly impressive and you can share your new look Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr – if you dare. Available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play.
2. Printic App is a bit new to the app world, but this unique app brings a bit of nostalgia back to photo sharing. And by photo sharing, we mean actually sharing actual, physical photos. Yes! Printed photos! With Printic App, you can snap away and with one step, send off a that photo in a cute little orange envelope to a loved one. Yes, actual physical photos! Who would’ve thought? Available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play.
3. Camera+ is a major competitor for best photo app editor. Not only does it offer the typical editing options, but it goes a bit further by allowing edits to focus areas and exposure. There’s also a timer for those ever-so-humble selfies. Available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play.
4. VSCO CAM is being hailed as the new histogram. Yes, I said it. And although there’s a few bumps in the road currently (filters take a long time to take effect), for a free photo editing app, it’s still a great product. Available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play.
5. Cartoon Face is for those long lay overs or airport delays. This augmented reality photo cartoonizer allows you to spend any free time you might have by turning your photos into cartoons. You can apply realistic emotions to a face and animate it and if you’re really feeling adventurous, you can turn yourself into a troll, alien, and a host of weird options just for kicks. Available for purchase at the App Store.