I think anyone who has ever been to beautiful Alaska will agree that it has to be one of the most fascinating states in the entire US. Not only does Alaska offer breathtaking landscapes and incredible views at every turn, but the state’s distinct history and culture are incredibly intriguing as well. Additionally, the options for active boomer travel in Alaska are endless! And using the right Alaska Travel Apps will help you make the most of a fantastic trip.
Traveling throughout Alaska is also a bit more complicated than other US regions. Thankfully, there are quite a few resources to help plan a great trip through the area. But who wants to lug around a bunch of books in their carryon? Downloading these Alaska Travel Apps will help you plan and experience the best of Alaskan travel.
1. Alaska.org. This app is more than just a travel app; it’s a community-generated resource with helpful tips on weather, wildlife, itinerary recommendations, etc. This is the ultimate Alaska app thanks to the vast options it offers visitors and locals. Of course, the app also has all of the usual travel info such as lodging, cruises, tours, restaurants, and nightlife. Available for purchase at the App Store.
2. Travel Alaska Guide App. This travel app offers great city guides for most Alaskan cities such as Anchorage, Deadhorse, Fairbanks, Homer, Juneau, Denali National Park, Glacier Bay National Park and Katmai National Park. A major plus is that no internet connection is needed for this app, making it useful when there’s no connection available. Available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play.
3. Alaska Magazine App. For the real happenings in beautiful Alaska, why not turn to the professionals? Since 1935, Alaska Magazine has been inspiring visitors with its breathtaking photography, adventure and sporting opportunities that Alaska has to offer, but is especially useful for its expert travel advice to help visitors make the most of their Alaskan trip. Available for purchase at the App Store.
4. All Trails Alaska app is an essential resource for anyone looking to hike around the Last Frontier state. Everytrail has everything needed to plan and execute a great day trip excursion or even long-term hiking adventures. Available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play.
5. Scenic Map Alaska. Need an app for getting there? You’ll find it in Scenic Map Alaska. This app offers a 3D topography map of Alaska, something perfect for active travelers looking for hiking and off-the-beaten path exploration. The app can be used without an internet connection as well, making it all the more useful while out in non-internet zones. Available for purchase at the App Store.
6. Daylight app is a simple, but resourceful app for Alaska travel. It’ll show you the exact sunrise, twilight and sunset times based on your location. In a location like Alaska, knowing this information is especially helpful when traveling and is also a great resource for photographers. Available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play.
Need an app for getting there? You’ll find it in our Travel Apps For Your Next Trip ebook!
Disclosure: Affiliate links are included for your convenience. However My Itchy Travel Feet receives a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.