For anyone who has ever traveled to New Mexico, it should be very clear how the state got its famous nickname. Yes, the “Land of Enchantment” is undeniably full of historic sites, scenic landscape and of course, incredible gastronomy. From the historic capital of Santa Fe to the state’s many expansive parks, New Mexico makes for an unforgettable trip.
And how do you get the most out of a trip to New Mexico, you ask? Well, location-specific apps can be one of your best traveling accessories. Take a look at these top five apps for New Mexico travel that that will lead you to the best of all that this enchanting state has to offer:
1. New Mexico Travel Guide app provides useful information about the state’s many attractions such as famous sights and historical landmarks as well as transportation information, entertainment, road maps, shopping, restaurants, accommodation, etc. Also convenient is that no internet connection is needed when using the travel guide app. Available on iPhone for $0.99
2. New Mexico Roads app is straight from the state’s Department of Transportation and lets you explore every inch of New Mexico highways and even off-the-beaten-path backroads. With tons of road trip options to choose from, this app lets you find and plan the best route for your adventure style. Available on iPhone for free.
3. Santa Fe Best app is perfect for anyone wanting to see best of this incredibly vibrant city. The app is designed to promote Santa Fe businesses such as galleries, shops and restaurants, but also offers weather, local news, an events calendar and coupons from local businesses. Available on iPhone and Android for free.
4. New Mexico Parks app is for those nature lovers out there. The app provides detailed information on New Mexico’s 35 state parks. For each park, the app lists opening hours, directions, maps, current weather reports, etc. Available on iPhone for $1.99.
5. Every Trail Hiking in New Mexico app is the ultimate app for hikers. In fact, for anyone who wants to explore the many beautiful parks in New Mexico on foot, Every Trail is your best hiking buddy. Along with information on the many routes, the app offers safety information and even lets you track your hikes and rate them. Available on iPhone and Android, free for basic, $3.99 for Pro version.
Need an app for getting there? You’ll find it in our Travel Apps For Your Next Trip ebook!