A Sydney to Los Angeles cruise is a fun boomer travel adventure. Alan and I are boomers who can’t get enough of small ship cruising. After Virgin Australia whisked us across the Pacific, we spent a couple of days exploring Sydney from our headquarters at the Four Seasons Sydney before cruising the Pacific on Seabourn Odyssey. On our second trip to Australia’s Harbor City, we looked for adventure beyond the opera house and zoo.
On the Odyssey, Alan and I enjoyed rest and relaxation South Pacific style. And we loved this itinerary:
- Sydney, Australia: we enjoyed the Royal Botanic Gardens
- Brisbane, Australia: visiting the koalas at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary was so much fun
- Nouema, New Caledonia: we took a typical bus tour orientation and discovered some amazing graffiti. Next time, we’ll snorkel.
- Il des Pins, New Caledonia: what a beautiful island paradise.
- Port Vila, Vanuatu
- Lautoka, Fiji: You’ll want to read about snorkeling at Moon Reef. The journey was an adventure!
- Pag Pago, American Samoa: We toured the island on a school bus.
- Fanning Island, Kiribati: Read our tips for exploring off-the-beaten-path Fanning Island.
- Kona, Hawaii: The zodiac and snorkeling adventure with Captain Zodiac was so much fun!
- Honolulu, Hawaii: Taking the tour to USS Arizona is a must.
- Lahaina, Hawaii: We went whale watching.
- Los, Angeles, CA
Did you know that we publish a weekly broadcast with the latest articles from My Itchy Travel Feet, timely trip inspiration and travel deals? Subscribe by clicking here.