Editor’s note: On January 7, 2014, we first began publishing a yearly list of travel bucket list apps. In this edition, we’ve combined our advice and added a couple of new apps that we think you’ll enjoy using for your bucket list travel planning.
Nothing says Happy New Year like creating a new travel Bucket List filled with dream destinations. Whether you’d like to explore around your own area or jet off to the most off-the-beaten-path location you can find, making and fulfilling personalized travel to-do lists is a fun experience. And using our recommendations for the best travel bucket list apps will help add to that fun.
To do more than just daydream about your upcoming travels from the comfort of your couch, take a look at the recommended travel bucket list apps below to get going on fulfilling those dreams. Hopefully, they will not only help you find inspiration to create your own bucket list, but serve as great resources to encourage you to reach those travel goals!
1. 1001 Wonders of the World app is for the dreamer in all of us. The people behind the app claim that this is “the Greatest Сollection of the Most Beautiful Places on the Earth” and it would be hard to disagree. For blissful bucket list inspiration, this app offers more than 2,000 professional photos of the most beautiful spots on Earth to make the ultimate bucket list. Available on iTunes. $0.99.
2. Trail Wallet Travel Budget App is a great app for those who love to travel, but also have a hard time keeping track of their spending habits. The “easy travel expense tracker” app lets users keep track of spending while on the road in order to help save for those bucket list expenses. Available on iTunes and Android for free.
3. Strides Habit Tracker tracks progress on the goals or habit improvements that you set up. Are you in training for a physically challenging trip? Are you in weight loss mode before that luxury cruise? Celebrate your progress on Strides. Available on iTunes. Works on Apple Watch, too. The app is free but also has premium versions beginning at $4.99.
4. iWish – Life Goals, Wishlist, Bucket List app is a great resource for keeping track of not only your travel dreams, but also general life goals. The app lets you peruse a library of more than 1200 ideas to get you started as well as letting you add your own original ideas. The app has a number of resources such as to-do lists, priorities, and reminders to help users get on the path to achieving their bucket list goals. Available on iTunes for free.
5. Tripnary helps you find great travel destinations based upon your trip budget. Explore travel ideas listed on the app. Discover how much the trip will cost. Then set an alert to be notified when the price drops. The perfect app for last-minute travel. Available on iTunes for free.
6. TripCase is a great app for anyone who has put “get more organized” on their New Year’s resolutions list. This travel app organizes all travel plans and itineraries, with real-time flight schedules and updates, gate changes, delays and cancellations.. Available on iTunes and Android. Free.
7. Reaper Keeper app is a little bit dark depending on how you look at it, but hey, it’s certainly a motivator. As a life expectancy calculator, the app can take in your personal data and lifestyle and the app’s cute little mascot, Reaping Andy, will estimate the number of years left in your life. Why? Well, the app uses the information to suggest ideas for improvement, leading the way to living a longer and more adventurous life. For more motivation, it also includes a simple bucket list tracker. Available on Android for free.
8. Soon The Everyday Bucket List app is perfect for the busy, on-the-go traveler. In case you can’t access your bucket list items, this handy resource lets you keep track of all the things you’d love to remember to do – from checking out that latest film to climbing mount Kilimanjaro – but have a habit of forgetting. Available on iTunes for free.
9. Before I die is a great resource that serves as inspiration for travelers that may need that little extra push to start living their dreams. The app offers a pre-made list of things to do and see before you kick the bucket and encourages you to add your own travel dream destinations. Available on Android for $0.99.
10. Private Island News – Private Island News Limited may be out of a lot of people’s reach, but it’s okay to be a dreamer, right? This app offers news and commentary about private islands all over the world. Perfect for those luxury travelers or those lottery winners. Private Island News can come up with plenty of ideas to keep your dream of owning a private island one day alive. Available on iTunes. Free.
Need an app for getting there? You’ll find it in our Travel Apps For Your Next Trip ebook!